MeeGo Touch provides a powerful styling engine for applications to customise their look and feel. As an application developer, you can:
- Use style sheets and style sheet parser.
- Use type-safe styling parameters.
- Use automatic tools to populate the instantiated styles according to definitions in style sheets.
- Use simple and robust interface for application developers to access the styling parameters.
- Define and use style parameters in a simple and flexible way, for instance, by using inheritance and modes.
Roles and responsibilities
Styling involves several people who work tightly together. Otherwise, there is no way to ensure that the style works properly and its implementation is consistent in all projects.
- UI designer
- Knows how the widget should look and how it needs to be styled.
- Provides design for the styling and answers questions about it.
- Software developer
- Implements the stylable object (widget, layout, etc..).
- Creates enablers for the styling at the source code level.
- Creates initial version of the style sheet for testing.
- Tests that the styling matches the design.
- UI designer / Theme implementer
- Updates the style sheet to contain proper values for the application.
- Ensures that the final version of the style sheet accompanying the product matches the requirements.