MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Platform SDK is a software development kit for creating and porting Linux applications for the Harmattan platform and developing Harmattan platform components. Harmattan Platform SDK is based on a Scratchbox cross-compilation environment and uses the full Linux toolset. The Nokia Store distribution channel is open for developers using Harmattan Platform SDK, too.
By default, Harmattan Platform SDK includes the following:
- Scratchbox, the cross-compilation and development environment.
- Full set of Harmattan APIs supported by Harmattan devices.
Note: Harmattan Platform SDK is mainly aimed at developers who have Linux expertise or are familiar with the Scratchbox cross-compilation environment. The primary IDE for developing Harmattan applications is the Qt SDK. For more information on using the Qt SDK for developing Harmattan applications, see MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Developer Library.
For installation instructions, see Platform SDK user guide in MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Developer Library.
For more information on Harmattan, see:
- Platform SDK user guide for information on developing applications with Harmattan Platform SDK.
- MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan API reference for information on the stable Harmattan APIs.
- Platform API reference for information on additional Harmattan APIs that are still in an experimental state.
- Differences between SDK releases for a list of changes between releases.
Found bugs? Thought of a way to improve the documentation? Please let us know! We can't fix it if we don't know it's broken.
But before you do report an issue, please check the documentation and the Bugzilla to see if someone else has spotted the same thing and maybe come up with a fix.
Your first stops
- The N9 Developer blog covers various topics related to N9 app development - feel free to join in the discussion.
- The MeeGo development forum at developer.nokia.com is the best resource for answers to technical questions.
- In the MeeGo development wiki at developer.nokia.com you can find more detailed discussions and collaborate with your peers.
- If you think you have found a bug and none of the other three resources provides any answers, you can report it in the Bugzilla. To report a bug, you must first create a Bugzilla account.
- The maemo.org development forum
- The meego.com development forum
- Note that the Bugzilla instances at maemo.org and meego.com are not official bug reporting channels. Use the http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com Bugzilla instead.